Search site

Where can I get help?

Domestic abuse is a crime, and one that is often hidden away.  If you or anybody you know is suffering from domestic abuse and are looking for help, there are many links on this page to agencies, authorities and voluntary sector organisations that are there to help.

Domestic Abuse Support


Hampshire Constabulary.



You First Hampshire.  You First Hampshire is the integrated service providing support to women, men and children affected by domestic abuse within the New Forest.  Any referrals are directed through their single point of contact who will assess whether a person needs refuge or outreach provision.  They can support both men and women and any children they may have and provide an independent domestic abuse advisor (IDVA) through our partners southern domestic abuse services (SDAS). 

For all enquires, advice and referrals, please ring the free Hampshire helpline on 03300 165 112

Woman's Aid Charity.  There is a freephone 24hr national domestic violence helpline which is run in partnership with Woman's Aid and Refuge which can be accessed by calling 0808 2000 247

Victim Support in Hampshire & Isle of Wight. 

For further information on domestic abuse support services please visit

Another organisation that provides free help in seeking civil orders to protect victims of domestic abuse is the National Centre for Domestic Violence.

Man Kind offer a confidential hotline for men suffering from domestic abuse across the UK. 


Men's Advice Line for male victims of domestic violence in same-sex relationships.

The RSPCA has a scheme that assists victims of domestic abuse who are worried about leaving their pets in the home by offering to temporarily rehouse their pets including dogs, cats and rabbits.  For more information please find below 2 information leaflets:

adobe icon RSPCA Pet Retreat [246kb] 

adobe icon RSPCA Pet Retreat - The story so far [454kb]

Updated: 10 Jan 2019
Powered by GOSS iCM